WHY ARE WE INVOLVED IN WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT?
The company believes that it is our corporate responsibility to invest in the future of skilled workers and to develop a stronger workforce. The construction faces a massive workforce gap, and RW Allen is actively pursuing and investing in closing that gap.
HOW WE ARE INVOLVED:
RW Allen participates in several workforce development initiatives, including:
- Host an intern from Georgia Southern University on an annual basis
- Host an intern from the Work Based Learning program from a Richmond County high school system on an annual basis
- Participate in the Augusta Metro Chamber’s Students2Work initiative
- Speak or sponsor at least a dozen Career Day events per year
- Host students for National Job Shadow Day
- Provide technical expertise as volunteers in construction classrooms throughout our region
- Sponsor construction educators within our region to attend Camp Trade + Industry (Camp T+I), a summer continuing education program
- Provide supplies to construction classrooms
- Host and plan the annual SKILLS CHALLENGE