HODGSON OIL BUILDING (B & L Warehouse)
Nichols Land Development
Studio 3 Design Group
30,000 sq. ft.
The Hodgson Oil project involved the renovations to the existing facility, a 1906 oil refinery, and the build-out of a 30,000 square foot, two-story facility.
The project consisted of modernizing utilities, adding an atrium between two large warehouses, installing additional windows and providing a parking area.
The original ceiling joists, structural support beams and wood flooring at the Hodgson Oil Refining Company all required refurnishing. Challenges included creating the sub-flooring for the UGA Public Safety Office’s data center, which required R. W. Allen to remove the original structural brick beams to lower the floor elevation. The brick was then used to refurbish the interior brick walls and to create planters around the building.
Athens Heritage Foundation Award
Renovation & Reuse Endeavor
Urban Land Institute Award Finalist
Atlanta's Development of Excellence
Finalist - 2004