Chatham County Welcome Center
PORT WENTWORTH, GEORGIA
The Architecture Group, Inc.
22,216 sq. ft.
- 9.3 acres of new construction on the existing 30-acres property and demolition of the existing 5,520 square foot facility
- Significant aluminum storefront and glazing, butt glazed window panels for offices, open vaulted ceiling in the lobby, and heavy masonry
- Two (2) covered outdoor pavilions
- New vending machines and updated picnic areas
- Two-story windowed atrium with 4,250 square foot exhibit area for information on attractions and accommodations in Georgia
- Administrative offices, employee workroom, and restrooms with 70 flushing fixtures
- 160 regular parking spaces and 20 ADA compliant parking spaces
- Exterior walls are comprised of insulated concrete forum (ICF)
- Potable water well
The Chatham County Welcome Center is the busiest welcome center/rest area of the nine in the state of Georgia.